Thursday 19 November 2009

Digipack

The front CD cover for the digipack is finished and looks effective. There are a few ideas for the back of the CD cover and I'm unsure which one to go with yet as I want it to look as effective as possible. A likely idea that I will use will be showing the artist in our music video running away from the camera. I think this would be a good idea as it would help show the narrative of the music video.
Both the shots that will be used for the front and back cover of the digipack will be taken directly from the music video because I decided this would be the best possible way to describe the narrative of the video from our CD cover.
The front of the cover will show the evil part of the artist who is in power because of the low angle shot, whilst the back of the CD cover will show the artist running away, so the audience will know he is running away from someone, which shows the narrative.
I have used shots in the CD cover which are conventions of psytrance music. An example would be the light flashing on the artist on the front of the cover. Florescent lights are a convention of parties/ social events where this genre of music is often played, which is why I have incorporated this, to appeal more to our audience.
Another convention included is the use of a canted angle shot in the back cover. This is used to make the image seem eerie, which is a common convention of many psytrance images. Earlier in our project, we searched on Google for psytrance images and they all came up with images that looked 'weird' and distorted. This effect is used to create an eerie feel to the images, which is why I wanted to use this effect in the CD cover.
There are other effects I have used because of conventions of psytrance, which will be explained in my evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment